Thursday, January 04, 2007

snippets

Just a couple pieces of poems I've jotted down as of late. They may grow eventually, or this may be their entirety; that's up to whatever inspires me. :)


Sometimes I feel like that shadow on water....
A lonely existence, and nobody's daughter

~Dec. 20/06


Once upon a window
Stepping closer, glancing through
Appeared the life that might have been
Had I lived there, shared with you.
A tear not shed at time gone by;
Discouraged not by "how" or "why".

~12:54 a.m. Jan. 1st 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like that second one a lot, but it just doesnt seem complete to me. I'm sure if you continue it, it'll be really good! A very good idea for a poem, for sure.Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I like the second one too. It's short, but I could relate right away.

tay @ www.haremnights.net

Amber said...

thank you... yes, they're short and incomplete. Hence the title "snippets". :)
I haven't written in ages, so I think my mind is going to take a while to get into full gear before it lets me finish any.