Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Relief and Recent goings-on

Wheewwww!



The production of Anything Goes is over! It went a lot better than I had anticipated; the performances by the cast were fantastic, and the pit orchestra did a wonderful job! My parents came up (and stayed for about a week!). Mom and Chad attended opening night; but DAD came to all three. (To Chad's credit, he DID attend the final dress rehearsal).



I'm considering joining the community band after this... they meet Monday evenings, though, which will conflict with camera club once a month. I'll be thinking about it some more.


On the topic of camera club, every year they have an exhibit at the local museum. It runs for about a month. The opening night reception is being held May 5th, and the exhibit ends around June 15th. Chad and I are each getting photos printed to submit to the show. I've decided on these three:
"Summer Serenity" - will be a 14 x 11
"Waterfront Silhouettes" - will be a 10 x 8.

"Gone to the Dogs" - will be a 10 x 8.

We'll unfortunately be out of town the night of the open house; we just booked our final two flight credits from our flight pass. We're going to Vancouver May 4th and coming back May 7th. But I just ordered some photo calling cards, so I'll get another camera club member to take some to the open house for me.
On that note, I shall bid adieu... we have our first waltz class tonight, so I should get started on something for dinner now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking through your older postings trying to find a quote I read on here months ago. It was about friendship and how guys kick it around and it doesn't break yadda yadda yadda. I can't find it. Could you please tell me how it goes again lol. And who's its from?

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool about the museum exhibit. I should see if there is anything like that around here. I like the seagull pic, quite nifty indeed.