Monday, April 23, 2007

whatever

OK. So I'm not liking this Google-account merge with Blogger. ARGH. It's really not user-friendly.

*sigh*

Anyway. So remember how excited I was to start dance lessons? We had our first lesson on April 4th. I think there were 3 or 4 other couples there. We were the worst. I asked the instructor if we should bring our *own* dunce caps to the next session. ;p But, by the time the next week rolled around, we both decided our enthusiasm had waned. And, we MIGHT have played hookey! THEN, last week, it was such an amazing afternoon and evening. We spent several hours out taking photos, had a lovely dinner at La Gondola, saw a fabulous sunset... and forgot all about it being lesson night. Seeing that there are only two lessons left, and we've missed the last two, I think it's fair to say we won't be attending the rest of the classes. Oh well. We still know how to have *fun* on the dance floor. :)

In other news, there's a new baby boy in our congregation. Jeriah Gregory Jordan, born in the last week of March. OK, I'll say it - whenever I hold him, I've been trying to pollinate...

Oh oh! And today I just found out that friends of ours in Squamish are proud parents of a new baby boy, too - Shale Walker. He was 8 pounds, 5 ounces. Yikes. I ordered them a little something from Cheeky Monkey today. Apparently they're quite handy!

A while back, the local Wildlife Rehab Shelter sustained damage from a snow storm. So on Friday, Chad & I went there to do follow up on their repair process on behalf of the paper. It was absolutely amazing. We got to be within feet of eagles, a barred owl, wood ducks, a halk... deer roam free on the property, and I guess bears do as well during their waking months. You can see pictures from our time there on my Flickr site. The couple who owns and operates it, Gunther and Nancy, are such sweethearts, too. They're unpaid volunteers, and are on-call 24/7/365. For 18 years so far. They were so hospitable to us, and said we could go back anytime we wanted. We want to spook the animals as little as possible, so although we will likely go back from time to time, I don't see it being a really regular trip. But the experience was amazing. And it got me to thinking, perhaps instead of setting up a bat house near our place, I'll maybe set up an owl box. I just fell in love with Filbert, the owl there. Such an absolute sweetie! And so adorable!

Oh yeah.. I spent a couple hours at Emerg. yesterday. Saturday evening, I started to feel that weird sensation when your heart "skips" a beat. I get that occasionally. But it persisted over night, and into Sunday. So Sunday afternoon I went to get it checked out. Of course, when they did the EKG, the sensation never occured. (that would be just too convenient!) But the Doctor said it sounds like I was experiencing PVC - pre-ventricular contraction - which is when the heart misses a beat, then the next contraction feels like a big thunk. He said it's nothing to be overly concerned with, but he ordered some blood work - specifically concerning my thyroid, since apparently that can cause heart palpitations - and said if the problem continues, they may order a halter monitor. (I had one before, you wear the equipment for a day, going about your regular activities, and if/when you experience the symptoms, you write down the time, and what you were doing. It records your heart activity, and then they compare the heart record with the written journal to see if they can pinpoint the problem.)
I had the blood work done today, and booked an appointment for Thursday afternoon to discuss it with my Doc. So we'll see what's up with that.

And speaking of hearts, check out Amie's Cafe Press store where she features products with her Bandaged Heart design! She's got some cool stuff on there... I especially like the "Nerds Rock" stuff. And, the journals they sell are really good quality - the paper is ssoooooo nice to write on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

been busy eh.

Anonymous said...

I've been taking some swing dance lessons, but I usually end up just totally messing up my dance partner, and apologising all over myself :/

I *actually* have learned a little tho...

Man, that would such a cool job to work with wild animals like that.

I hope your heart palpitations are nothing serious.

Thanks for the linkage! By the way - I made my first sale today!