Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The following poem was inspired by
this photo by one of my contacts on Flickr...



(heart not in my hand by MilwaukeeJohn)



Pendant Forged from Silver

This letter leads to treasure
Since forever I'll have gone
I left a sign
For you to find
My love will carry on.

The tree that we sat under
Just near the bended path
Overlooks
The babbly brook
And knows my love will last.

A pendant forged from silver
Fifty paces to the right
You'll find just near
The bushes where
We stole our kiss that night.

Recall the stars that evening?
Then the grasses wet with dew?
I never thought
I could have got
A second glance from you.

We knew that I'd be leaving
When the night gave way to dawn
Wrapped in my arms
You gave your charms
To remember when I'd gone.

And oh how I'll remember!
Every moment, every sigh
Your tender kiss
Eternal bliss
Only witnessed by the sky.

The pendant forged from silver
Keep it close upon your heart
Remember me
Remember me
Ever after I depart.

~Aug. 28/2007
Amber M. Graham


In fact, this has made me think of an idea for a new scrapbook project: pairing poems with images that inspired them and/or suit them. I'm not sure of how exactly I'll do it - if it'll just be poems I've written, or if it will be a combination of my poems and those of others. But it should be a delightful project!

No comments: